Are getting in the kitchen and hosting dinner parties for your friends and family two of your favourite hobbies? Do your family and friends always turn to you when they need a lamb spit roast for holidays, functions, and events?
Why not cash in that passion for cooking launching a lunch catering business? While there is no guaranteed roadmap for becoming a successful caterer, a few ingredients are sure to help you along the way. When you combine your cooking ability, your fortitude, and your ability to stay cool under the lamb spit roast fire, and you can turn your passion into a profession.
You are probably thinking; how hard can it be to start your lamb spit roast catering business? Well, unfortunately, it is much harder than you think. So, we have created a checklist for you so you can start cooking quicker!
1) Have a Plan for Your Business
A feasible business plan is one of the most important things for starting your lamb spit roast catering company. It must detail;
- The type of business entity your company will be. Either a sole proprietorship, an LLC (Limited Liability Company), or a partnership
- What type of food company you will be? From food truck to fast-food to a fully licenced bar/restaurant
- A business name, logo, and marketing. You must craft a brand your clientele can easily recognise
- Who is your market? What type of client will come through your doors day in day out (based on your concept and price point)?
- Location, location, location. Have you chosen a location for your business? What type of neighbourhood will offer you the greatest chance at sustainable success? Also, what type of competition will you face in this neighbourhood?
- Your budget for all expenses, such as inventory, labour, rent, and utilities, including the food you will serve and how much you will charge. Which dishes will be the highlight of your menu, and what price point will lead to profits?
- Your business structure. Can you afford to hire many staff, and how will your employees be divided into managers, cashiers/wait staff, and kitchen staff?
In the early stages of planning, those are just some of the few questions you will need to consider for your business.
2) Source Equipment
One of the most significant start-up expenses is restaurant equipment. Without proper equipment, you cannot open your lamb spit roast business. Thus, you will need to either purchase or loan the equipment you need.
3) Research Permits and Licensing Options
There are many codes and regulations to consider before opening your catering service. This includes health, safety, and food service regulations. When it comes to permits and licences, you will need to meet stringent requirements. This is because you are handling goods that will be consumed by people.
Are you looking for a lamb spit roast company to serve up a delicious storm at your next event? At Victorian Golden Roast, we are renowned caterers with a reputation for delivering succulent foods at an affordable price. Call us!